Saturday 28 March 2015

What are we?

Speaking up and expressing our true feelings to another person isn't a simple task.
Obviously, in today's hook-up culture, how can it be?

Amidst the consistent, casual relationship we form, we silence pressing, '' what are we?'' thoughts due to the fear of appearing needy or overly emotional. At the same time, we like the way things are and we don't want to potentially ruin a good thing.

Nobody wants to get hurt, but nobody likes to be strung along with no answers either.

Maybe we believe we owe it to the other person at this point. Or, maybe we think we're  ''too old'' for this casual way of dating and we deserve closure. However, before we torture ourselves over the possibility of scaring the other person away, lets just remind ourselves whether we are ready to consider moving forward or if it's just not in the cards right now.

Remember on my last post about me being the in-between girl? So yea he finally broke up with his girlfriend. Great news huh? But still it bothers me. I don't know which side I should believe.

A part of me afraid he's not in his right state of mind. Sometimes I wonder am I his distraction from the heartbreak he was left with that he's desperately trying to avoid. I could see it in him that's he's vulnerable. Does this mean he could genuinely believe he's in love with me, even if her really isn't? It's difficult to say.
Wait! Does this give me an excuse not to be cautious? No. He could be totally innocent. He could also be fighting to win the adrenaline-rushing game of  '' I moved on first'' between him and his ex. Ok maybe he doesn't even think bout all this stuffs but whatever it is don't I deserve a guy whose attention is 100 person on me?

Sneaky dates and text messages? You would not even  approve the tags i tagged you in Instagram..
Well, hate to break it to myself, but there is rarely ever a happy ending when you're The Other Woman. The fact that right now he's single, I don't know why I felt like there is another girl besides me.

Little bird said:
You don't understand it; you're mature, sweet and young. Why does he only want you when it's convenient for him?
Because he doesn't understand it. And guess what? It's not your job to teach him. You think he's worth waiting for? Sorry. If he knew your worth, he wouldn't make you wait or make you feel this way. Does he even know there's so many guys chasing after you and that you pushed those guys away and in the end still chose to be with you instead of them?
And this is important: No matter how much you like him and no matter how innocent you feel, you are part of the reason another girl out there is getting cheated on even though she is cheating on him too. If only people could stop doing this to each other.

Then another part of me would like to believe he's wants me. When I was in Zurich just before checking out hotel, he asked me whether is it confirm that I will be going back to Penang after my second Zurich because he decided that it would be a nice time to go back together with me. And yea shocked no.1. I would never thought he was so serious bout this thing. Man with words. Charming haha.
Shocked no.2 when I touched down into Singapore, he messaged me and said welcome back and said he was thinking of doing a stay cation then throw in our shopping date in the afternoon. I've never thought he could be so spontaneous. He's making me crazy.
Please tell me its a sign that he's into me. We've been hanging almost as often. But the thing is we don't call each other names or say those i love you and i miss you words and no cheesy emoticons as well hmmm.. I don't want to be one sided or being used.

No comments:

Post a Comment