Monday 9 March 2015

Johannesburg, South Africa

When you least expect it, that's when great things happen.

After one year and 4 months of flying I finally flew to South Africa. I wasn't rostered. I was called up for that flight. Thou I'm happy to go Johannesburg but when I saw the crew list, I was indeed demotivated to fly because everyone is so senior. Strong feelings that nobody would want to go to the Lion's Park or the Horse Riding Safari with me. Contemplating to take MC but I couldn't bare to due to high amount of MC I took in just a year. Oh well, i sucked it up and went for the flight and you know what? 
Fingers crossed worked.
Prayers answered.
My whole set of crew is so damn nice. We were like a family. We had our lunch and dinner together. Drinking sessions. Surprisingly 6 of us went for horse riding! How can you find such awesome spontaneous crew? Sadly I'm not flying back with my set of crew. I had to go back a day earlier with other set. But still, I thank God that my 3 tech crews are joining me home too.
Words cant describe how thankful I am to have 3 of them. They were so nice to me. Every meal they paid more then they should have. They even invited me over for dinner for the last day because all of my sets are going for their beauty sleep to prepare for an early morning shuttle and that I will be alone with nothing to eat with anyone. Captain Han insisted me continue my studies while Captain Leonard asked me to marry a rich guy and my life would be complete. How i wish i could find a rich loving husband soon.

So the horse riding was really quite an experience. Thou I dint get to see any lions, cheetahs and whatsoever more. God I love the part where I could gallop the horse. Its so fun. Feeling like a cowboy girl but one thing you have to know, the galloping hurts the hell out of our vagina's and balls. Please mind my language. Its the truth trust me! Now I'm so tempted to ride horse and eat lots of steaks along with red wines.

There is something I got to share with you about Africa. When I was on my way to the reserved safari, I passed by the local areas where I could see how they lead their lives there.  Their houses were really run down. All made off old dusty bricks with rusty metal rooftops. I see so many of the black African guys sitting by the roadside waiting for something. Do you know what were they waiting for? I first thought they were just resting there for fun. But no. The answer is they were all hoping for a miracle to happen. Waiting every single day under the sun with no shelter for a job opportunities. Praying that a van or a bus would stop by and pick them to work. It really breaks my heart to see it yet i truly admire how patience they can be because the hardest test in life is the patience to wait for the right moment. It reminds me of a very strong quote ' keep your heart open to dreams for as long as there's  a dream there's hope and as long as there's hope there is joy in living.'
Lastly I just want to say something silly here. I honestly thought there are only black Africans. I did not know there are white Africans as well. Oh well, that's about it ciao



No comments:

Post a Comment